This page includes a lot of features spice could use. It's an accumulation of both meetings and over the years added ideas. It is a jumbled mess. The feature pages are also not all that up to date. On the bright side, it can all be fixed - if you are in charge of a feature please try to update it! if you know something has been updated in code please fix it here!
For new features, please use this Template
Parenthesis give an indication of who is working on this.
- Control client audio volume from guest
- 3D Support, Aero, gnome-shell, “full” 3d (alon)
- Single device multiple monitors
- Local Folder access (gal)
- Spice X11 server (alon)
- Windows driver rewrite (arnon)
- virt-installer kick-ass (I guess boxes qualifies)
- Features/SmartcardWindowsClient - windows client support for smartcard.
Considered done/good enough
- policy for copy-paste (implemented on server side by hans)
- Make spice server (optionally) use the new libjpeg-turbo color spaces (like JCS_EXT_RGB and JCS_EXT_RGBX) to avoid extra manual conversion steps in the spice code
- Investigate the possibility to remove the need to perform GBR -> RGB conversions. The Win32 QXL driver advertises itself with PRIMARY_ORDER_CBA, which is GBR, but if it can be changed to work with RGB, perhaps we can remove the need for conversion (for example, in mjpeg code). Of course, it may be that there are other areas we'll then need to add conversion.
Had some progress, now in limbo
Planned, no work yet, what are you waiting for?!
- Automated Testing
- reorganize source code tree to share common parts (teuf was looking into it)
- SystemTap (Dtrace) support
- Bandwidth monitoring
- Spice protocol dissector for Wireshark (Yaniv Kaul / uri) – allow dissection of the Spice protocol using Wireshark. Status: done, needs some improvements.
Device / Drivers / Performance / Guest display features
- Standalone applications support (marc, arnon)
- app integration
- Opening and releasing the XPI interface for spice
- XPI for Firefox on Windows
- Printer access (uri)
- Webcam access (hans)
- Network access (marc)
- cd/dvd device sharing support
- client monitor hot plug: we already match guest to monitor via VD_AGENT_MONITORS_CONFIG, but we only do it once on startup.
- continuous resolution change (x11/xrandr driver, win ?)
- rhev-m login directly from client (marc)
- vdagent proto-ising ?
- remove 4 cache users limit (arnon)
- advanced caching (proxy cache & persistent cache)
- encoded audio/video pass-through (marc)
- guest configuration dialog (via agent)
- secured spice/qemu isolation
- vpro/icebox style
- Revive seamless migration?
There is also a list of completed features kept for historical interest.